PRE-ACQUISITION NEGOTIATION – DO NOT OVERPAY FOR A PURCHASE..!
LOOK AT THE ENGINE ROOM FIRST
Before negotiating to purchase a company, non-financial diligence will help you know whether you are paying the right price and give you a better idea how the company might perform in the future.
Non-financial due diligence can also help a purchaser reduce the acquisition offer price.
The due diligence should be instantly self-financing and provide you with a qualitative overview of the business future performance complementing financial data analysis that reveals more of a current and historical view.
DISCOVER WHAT IS BELOW THE WATER LINE - AND NOT AT FIRST VISIBLE
The Non-Financial Due Diligence outline content shows you what is below the water line :
• PEOPLE analysis (including Board Member and Director future performance analysis)
• PROCESS Operations, Logistics, Sales and Marketing and Customer Service performance
• TECHNOLOGY advantage versus competitors and lead advantage position
b. COMPETITIVE EDGE
• PEOPLE, PROCESS and TECHNOLOGY advantage versus key direct competitors
• SCOPE and FUTURE POSITIONING
• MARGIN PROTECTION feasibility study
c. BRAND HEALTH AND REPUTATION
• BRAND REVIEWS (using Transaction Focus tried and tested brand methodology)
• RISK FUTURE PROOFING using Patterned Based Strategy versus PESTLE Analysis
• CSR AND COMMUNITY Engagement measures
d. OVERSEAS MARKET ENTRY POSITIONING
• GLOBAL MARKET GROWTH opportunity analysis
• LOCATION ANALYSIS to reduce overheads so as to sustain optimal growth
• CAPACITY and COUNTER CYCLICITY
e. TEST SELLING AND TEST MARKETING
• PRE-QUALIFY AND RE-AFFIRM FINANCIAL SUCCESS METRICS
• PROFITABLE SUSTAINABLE CUSTOMER FOCUS
• NEW REVENUE STREAM DISCOVERY
Alongside your Corporate Finance team or management, we can tailor make the on site visit(s) agendas in line with your specific target objectives.
Please call John Gelmini or Charles Smee on +44(0)207 127 8070 for more details.
Or Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Catherine Ford is the Editor-at-Large for the events division of The Mergermarket Group.
She is a consultant editor to event programmes, and engaged in the development of timely editorial content for global corporate finance, M&A and capital markets related conferences and events.
She routinely moderates discussion panels at conferences across the region.
She has worked for The Mergermarket Group since early 2002, holding a number of senior editorial roles in the company's European, US and Asia-Pacific head offices.
Charles Smee has a rich leadership, change management, JV consolidation, CSR and team integration experience in diverse sectors across Europe and the Far East.
The team at Transaction Focus train, lead and motivate sales and marketing teams for SMEs and multinationals across 5 continents.
Charles started his working life at the FT and then spent 10 years at WPP and Saatchi & Saatchi, creating and implementing corporate and brand sales and marketing campaigns for clients such as BAT, Coca-Cola, Kellogg, Nabisco and P&G ; he has lived and worked in France, Romania, Malaysia, South Korea and Vietnam.
Transaction Focus has increasingly recognised and championed the importance of team goal and cultural alignment for ventures that have ambitious sustainable revenue objectives.
People Engagement is the cornerstone of True Diligence TM ,non-financial due diligence that complements traditional financial and legal M&A due diligence.